All UA employees, student workers and DCCs who have access to University information assets are required to complete security awareness training. To fulfill this requirement, the UA Information Security Office, with help from the campus community, has developed user-friendly online modules to ensure that all employees can easily participate in and complete the security awareness program. The program has been designed to not only inform employees of their responsibilities as members of the UA community, but to also assist them in securing their information at home.
NOTE: UACCESS LEARNING REQUIRES USE OF THE UA’S VPN CLIENT IF LOGGING IN FROM AN OFF-CAMPUS COMPUTER. THE VPN REQUIRES USE OF NETID+, THE UA’S TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION.
You can enroll in All-Employee Security Awareness Training in UAccess Learning in one of two ways:
- Go directly to the All-Employee Security Awareness Training page. After logging in with your NetID and password, you will see the following:
- Click Enroll.
- Continue to enrollment and completion instructions.
- Go to uaccess.arizona.edu. Click on UAccess Learning.
- Login with your NetID and password. The UAccess Learning home page will appear. Click Find Learning.
- Type security awareness in the search box located above class listings. Click arrow button to activate search.
- Information Security Awareness Training (UA-1332) will appear. Click the class name.
- You will see the following screen:
- Click Enroll.
- A second Table of Contents screen will appear. Click Launch again on this screen.
- The training will pop up in a new window.
- On the left side of the screen, you can choose to view the Menu with each slide title, or you can select the Notes tab to read along with the training audio.
- After each module is finished, close the window containing the training module and return to UAccess Learning. Click Return to Class Progress.
- You will now be able to launch the second module. Click Launch, and click Launch on the next screen that pops up. The second module will open. Continue this process through the 10 modules.
- After completing all modules, you will be able to print a certificate. Click the Print symbol to the right of the completion record in UAccess Learning.
- You can then print the certificate. PLEASE NOTE: THE DATE MAY NOT BE CORRECT ON THE CERTIFICATE. HOWEVER, COMPLETING TRAINING IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED, SO YOU CAN SUBMIT THIS TO YOUR SUPERVISOR.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who must take the all-employee security awareness training?
This training is mandatory for all UA employees, student workers, and DCCs who access University information assets, including:
- Networks and network appliances
- Computers (servers, workstations and laptops)
- Software and applications
- Thumb drives, hard copies of documents, etc.
- Any other computer‐related equipment, device or hardware used to access, store, transmit or interface with another university resource
Will this be required for all new employees as well?
Yes, this training should completed as part of new employees' onboarding processes.
I have tried to complete training from home, but cannot do so.UAccess Learning can only be accessed from a University IP address. If you are off-campus, you will need to login using the UA VPN Client.
The completion certificate date is incorrect. Does this affect my completion record.
No. UAccess Learning's certificates default to the month in which training is completed. Training is considered to be complete, regardless of the date showing on the certificate.
If you have any issues, comments or concerns please contact UA Information Security.