Download and Installation Instructions
- IF YOU HAVE NOT ENROLLED IN NETID+, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INSTALL AND USE THE VPN. PLEASE GO TO THE NETID+ ENROLLMENT PAGE AND ENROLL PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE VPN.
- When installing the Cisco VPN client, Firefox is the recommended browser. If you use Internet Explorer, you will receive prompts regarding ActiveX installation. The screenshots in this guide were taken using Firefox as the browser.
- The screenshots in this guide may differ slightly, depending on your Windows version.
- Open an Internet browser and go to https://vpn.arizona.edu to install VPN.
- The group should be left on its default setting of 1-UASSLClient. Type in your UA NetID, NetID Password, and the NetID+ Method chosen (push, sms, phone, or passcode) when you enrolled in NetID+. Click Login.
- The following information banner will display. Click Continue.
WebLaunch box: Prior to download, the software will automatically go through several steps, which should take approximately 30-60 seconds.
- The installation program will attempt to automatically install using ActiveX, but will fail, as shown in the following screen. Click Download, or wait for the installation to fail to continue.
- Click the link marked AnyConnect VPN to begin the download process.
- The file will download. When complete, click the arrow on the upper right side of the Firefox browser, and double-click the file download.
- The following dialog box will open. Click Yes.
- The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup will begin to run in Desktop mode. Click Next to continue.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
The installer will continue without any further intervention.
- Once the installation has completed, click Finish on the Setup Wizard screen.
Connecting to the UA VPN with NetID+