An Information Security Incident is a violation or imminent threat of violation of computer security policies, acceptable use policies, or standard computer security practices.. Incidents that should be reported include, but are not limited to:
- Attempts (either failed or successful) to gain unauthorized access to a system or its data
- Unwanted disruption or denial of service
- Unauthorized use of a system for processing or storing data
- Changes to system hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without the owner's knowledge, instruction or consent
Please report any potential information security problems immediately, as timely reporting allows the UA Information Security team to determine if further investigation is necessary, and limits any further damage or loss of data.
Important: If the incident poses any immediate threat to life or property, call 911 to contact law enforcement authorities immediately.
Note: If you are reporting a phishing email, please do the following:
- If possible, send the suspicious email as an attachment to email@example.com, and include the "subject line" in the incident form below with an explanation that you are forwaridng the email as an attachment. For instructions on forwarding the email as an attachment, go to http://security.arizona.edu/forwarding-phishing-email-attachment-guide.
- If you are unable to forward the email as an attachment, please copy the full email headers into the field under "Describe security-related concerns." For instructions on accessing headers, go to http://security.arizona.edu/full-email-headers-guide.
Please answer the questions as completely and accurately as possible.
* Required Item