- Downloading, Installing, and Establishing a Connection with AnyConnect VPN on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Downloading and Installing AnyConnect VPN on Mobile Devices
- Disconnecting the VPN Client
- Network Managers: VPN Group Setup Information
- Support or Assistance
Downloading, Installing, and Establishing a Connection Using AnyConnect VPN on Windows, Mac, and Linux
NOTE: Beginning April 30, 2015, all faculty, staff and students using the VPN client must be enrolled in UA NetID+ Two-Factor Authentication. Click here for more information on UA NetID+.
- AnyConnect VPN for Windows
- AnyConnect VPN for Mac OS X 10.5 +
- AnyConnect for Ubuntu Linux 12+
In order to disconnect from the VPN, click the AnyConnect icon in the system tray. It will pop up a window that looks like this:
Further questions should be directed to the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324), or https://uassist.arizona.edu.
As the campus moves towards full implementation of MPLS, individual VPN groups with small sets of IP addresses will be phased out. Unfortunately, departmental VPN groups were created in the past as a form of authorization to various networks and resources on those networks. This practice does not scale to a campus our size. Authorization to resources is the responsibility of the resource owner and needs to be done at or near the resource.
- Users receiving one ot the 10.138.0.0/17 addresses and going to an off campus site will have their IP address changed (NAT'd) to 126.96.36.199.
- 188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11/23
- 10.138.64.0-10.138.79.255 or 10.138.64.0/20
If you have questions or need assistence with VPN, contact the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324), or https://uassist.arizona.edu.