Download and Installation Instructions
- Open an Internet browser and go to https://vpn.arizona.edu to install VPN. The group should be left on its default setting of 1-UASSLClient. Type in your UA NetID, NetID Password, and the NetID+ Method chosen (push, sms, phone, or passcode) when you enrolled in NetID+.
- An informational banner should be displayed as shown below. Click Continue.
- Any Connect Secure Mobility Client will try to use Java to complete the automatic installation. This step will most likely fail.
- Another screen will appear asking to download the client manually. To continue, click on the link that reads Linux x86_64 (Linux x86 for a 32 bit computer). Click on the Download button.
- After download is complete, open up a terminal session. Click on Dash Home and then search for the terminal application.
- A purple box should appear. Inside this box, type in the following command: cd ~/Downloads. Then hit Enter.
- In the Downloads folder escalate your permissions. NOTICE: You will need the administrator password for the computer to proceed.
To escalate privileges type in the command: sudo su, then hit Enter. You will be prompted to enter a password. After the password is entered hit Enter. If this step was a success you will see a root name to the left of the terminal line.
NOTICE: Running as root can be dangerous. Anything you do will be permanent. Continue to follow this guide exactly. Any deviations could cause a system failure.
- After you have successfully elevated privileges you will need to allow the vpnsetup.sh shell script to have ‘execute’ permissions. Type the following command: chmod +x vpnsetup.sh
- Next, type the following command: ./vpnsetup.sh
- If the setup completes successfully you will be notified with Done.