Prior to enrolling in NetID+, we recommend that you install the Duo Mobile application on your tablet.
Note: These screenshots were taken while installing the application on an iPhone. The steps should be the same for other smartphones and tablets, but if you need further direction, go to Duo Mobile enrollment at http://guide.duosecurity.com/enrollment.
If you have already installed Duo Mobile on your device, proceed to the NetID+ Enrollment Instructions for use with a tablet.
1. Using your tablet, go to your App Store. Search for Duo Mobile. The first result should be Duo Mobile. Click on the Download or Install icon on your tablet.
2. After installation, click Open. The End User License Agreement will appear. Click Accept.
3. After accepting, the Add Account screen will appear. You will need your tablet again when prompted during the UA NetID+ enrollment process.
NOTE: You will need to use a computer to sign up for NetID+ and the actual device you plan to use for the second step in the authentication process
1. Go to the UA NetID+ login page > click Login.
2. Enter your UA NetID and password > click Login.
3. You will return to the NetID+ Enrollment page click Enroll
4. You will see 5 questions. You must answer 4 out of 5 of them correctly to continue.
5. The Add a Device screen will appear:
6. Select +Add a tablet.
7. Select the platform for your smartphone from a dropdown list > click Continue
After selecting your smartphone platform, you will be asked to name the device. (NOTE: You will be prompted to install Duo Mobile on your device again. Please make sure you have installed this app on your device. Disregard if you previously installed the application.)
8. Name your tablet > click Continue
9. On your screen, you will see an Almost Finished! banner. You will also see a barcode that can be used to activate your account. You can either use Option A – add account via a barcode scan or Option B – add account via tablet
Open the Duo Mobile app that you previously installed on your device > click Add Account
Click Scan Barcode.
Hold your tablet up to the barcode on your computer screen, and your account will be activated.
You will see the following screen on your phone. The University of Arizona logo confirms that you have correctly activated your tablet for NetID+.
On the Almost Finished! Screen, there will be a link to click to activate your account. Click the link, and your account will be activated in Duo.
A University of Arizona logo confirms that the account has been activated.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use your tablet as your second factor of authentication using NetID+. Return to the NetID+ instruction page for instructions on other NetID+ features.