New to the U? We are here to help!
Below are FREE security tools and resource available for for all UA students.
- On campus? Make sure you are logged into UAWiFi, UA's secure wireless offering. Configure once using your NetID and password. Make sure you do this for all your devices (laptops, smartphones, tablets).
- Off campus? When using public wifi, download and use the UA's VPN Client to protect your information.
- Enroll in NetID+, UA's two-factor authentication. For extra security, enroll in Global NetID+.
- Protect your devices with free anti-malware. UA offers Sophos Endpoint Security and Control to all UA students, faculty and staff.
- Bookmark the 24/7 IT Support Center site on your devices, and put their phone number on speed dial (520-626-8324). The 24/7 IT Support Center can assist you with your computing security concerns and needs.
- Sign up for phishing alerts. Hackers send hundreds of phishing emails to unsuspecting students who are just trying to get their work done. Don't get caught!