UA Information Security (UAIS) is responsible for coordinating the development and dissemination of information security policies, standards, and guidelines for the University. UAIS is also responsible for coordinating various regulatory compliance efforts as they relate to information technology systems.
The Information Security Policy Framework is currently under revision.
- To view current policies, click here.
- To view current standards, procedures and guidelines, click here (requires UA NetID and password to access).
- Arizona Board of Regents Policy 6-912 (Access to or Disclosure of Personnel Records or Information)
- Arizona Board of Regents Policy 9-201 (General Policy)
- Arizona Board of Regents Policy 9-202 (University Responsibilities)
- Arizona Revised Statutes Section 15-1823 (Identification numbers; social security numbers)
- Arizona Revised Statutes 44-1373 (Restricted use of personal identifying information; civil penalty)
- Arizona Revised Statutes Section 44-7501 (Notification of breach of security system)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act 45 CFR Parts 160,162, and 164 (HIPAA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act 34 CFR Part 99 (FERPA)
- PCI Security Standards Council