All-Employee Security Awareness
Mandatory All-Employee Security Awareness Program
All UA employees, student workers and DCCs with UA NetIDs are required to complete annual security awareness training. To fulfill this requirement, the UA Information Security Office, with help from the campus community, has developed user-friendly online modules to ensure that all employees can easily participate in and complete the security awareness program. The program has been designed to not only inform employees of their responsibilities as members of the UA community, but to also assist them in securing their information at home.
Security Awareness Training Enrollment and Completion Instructions
- Enrollment Instructions in UAccess Learning
- Navigation and Completion Instructions in UAccess Learning
- For questions or concerns regarding whether or not you need to complete training, please contact the Information Security Office.
- For technical support, please contact the 24/7 IT Support Center.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This training is mandatory for all UA employees, student workers, and DCCs with UA NetIDs who access University information assets, including:
- Networks and network appliances
- Computers (servers, workstations and laptops)
- Software and applications
- Thumb drives, hard copies of documents, etc.
- Any other computer‐related equipment, device or hardware used to access, store, transmit or interface with another university resource
Yes, this training should completed as part of new employees' onboarding processes.
We often have these reports. If your status is currently "pending," you will not be able to enroll. You can enroll after your status as an employee or DCC has changed to "Active" in UAccess Employee.
Please login to UAccess Learning and select "My Learning." Next, select Launch under Information Security Awareness. Instructions for navigating and completing training are provided on a separate webpage.
Make sure that you have enabled pop-ups for UAccess Learning. If you need assistance with this, please contact your local IT support or the 24/7 IT Support Center at 520-626-8324.
Open the training in a private browser.
For Firefox: Click the menu button (appears as 4 horizontal lines) at the top right corner in Firefox, and select "New Private Window." Now, open UAccess Learning and continue navigating to the training.
For Chrome: click the vertical dots at the top right corner in Chrome, and select "New Incognito Window." Open UAccess Learning and continue navigating to the training.
You will receive an email confirming training completion within 24 hours of completing it. Your completion is also recorded in UAccess Learning and UAccess Analytics.
- Employees with basic UAccess Analytics access can find security training completion information on the Security Training dashboard.
- Department business managers (or anyone who has HR Medium access in UAccess Analytics) can access these reports on the Security Prerequisites dashboard.
The University's Information Security Awareness Training Policy contains the following requirement:
- All University employees (including student employees) and Designated Campus Colleagues (DCCs) must complete security awareness training within the first 30 days from date of hire. Information Security Refresher Training must be completed annually, within 60 days of the anniversary of the previous instance of such training.
ISO is authorized to limit network access for individuals or Units not in compliance with information security policies (including this one) and related procedures. In cases where University resources are actively threatened, the CISO shall act in the best interest of the University by securing the resources in a manner consistent with the Information Security Incident Response Plan. In an urgent situation requiring immediate action, the CISO is authorized to disconnect affected individuals or Units from the network. In cases of noncompliance with this policy, the University may apply appropriate employee sanctions or administrative actions, in accordance with relevant administrative, academic, and employment policies.
If you have any issues, comments or concerns please contact the 24/7 IT Support Center at 520-626-8324.