University Information Technology Services (UITS) is continuing to see a high amount of email phishing activity on campus. These attempts are specifically requesting users to make purchases, send funds, or change bank account information, which can have a detrimental affect including financial loss or fraud. UITS continues to apply additional steps to remediate the situation.
What You Can Do:
If you receive an email that does not contain any information indicating that it is spam or you are uncertain if the message is legitimate, take the following actions.
1) Review the ‘from’ email address for indications that it is not coming from the implied individual.
2) Before responding to requests sent to your university email account for purchasing gift cards or sending funds, contact your immediate supervisor.
3) Contact the Information Security Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-6700.
Please forward phishes you receive to email@example.com as described here: https://security.arizona.edu/content/phishing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Information Security Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What's Phish? security.arizona.edu/node/335
- Phishing Alerts: security.arizona.edu/phishing_alerts
- Report a Phish: security.arizona.edu/content/report-phish