Awareness Completion Instructions
The following instructions lead you through the enrollment and completion process for security awareness training.
TIP: Start out securely and with the fewest navigation headaches by opening a "Private" or "Incognito" window in your browser.
For Firefox: Click the menu button (appears as 4 horizontal lines) at the top right corner in Firefox, and select "New Private Window." Now, open UAccess Learning and continue navigating to the training.
For Chrome: click the vertical dots at the top right corner in Chrome, and select "New Incognito Window." Open UAccess Learning and continue navigating to the training.
Log into UAccess Learning with your NetID and password.
After logging in, click Find Learning.
To find the training, type information security security awareness in the search box and click enter.
Click the gray arrow by Certification: Information Security Awareness to expand the course information.
The class information will expand. Click Register.
Next, click on the Submit Registration button.
- The next screen will indicate that you are successfully enrolled in the course (step 1). Click Home (step 2) in the upper right corner.
- Select My Learning.
- Two items will appear for Information Security Awareness. Select Information Security Awareness Training.
- A second screen will appear with the class Table of Contents. Click Launch again.
NOTE: POP-UPS NEED TO BE ENABLED TO ALLOW THE TRAINING WINDOW TO OPEN. IF YOU CANNOT LAUNCH TRAINING, CHECK TO ENSURE THAT POP-UPS ARE ENABLED IN YOUR BROWSER.
- The training will launch. Watch the full training. The browser should close when the training module is complete. If it does not, close the training window and return to UAccess Learning.
NAVIGATION NOTES FOR VIDEOS
- On the left side of the screen, you can view the Menu or Notes. Click the Notes tab if you generally use closed captioning.
NOTE: If using adaptive technology: Once the video starts playing, you can use the tab key to navigate to controls.
- Shift-tab to move backwards through the training is actually more efficient
- Shift-tab x1= replay button, x2 = pause button, x3 =- volume and x9 = previous slide
TIP: IF YOU NEED TO EXIT TRAINING AND RETURN AT ANY POINT, LOG INTO UACCESS LEARNING AGAIN, CLICK MY LEARNING, AND SELECT THE INFORMATION SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE AGAIN. YOU CAN RELAUNCH THE APPROPRIATE MODULE.
- Return to UAccess Learning at the end of the module, and click Return to Class Progress.
- Click Launch to watch Module 2.
- Click Launch again.
Repeat these steps until you have completed all 4 modules.
- After completing Module 4, click Return to Class Progress.
- Your Progress will have changed to Completed.
Congratulations! You have completed All-Employee Security Awareness Training. You will receive an email within 24 hours confirming completion. If your department has requested a completion certificate, please do the following:
Select My Learning.
Using the dropdown menu, select 05 - Completed & Waived Learning, and click Go.
Locate Information Security Awareness Training. Click the Printer icon under Print.
A Certificate of Completion will display. Click the Printer icon to print the certificate, or the Download icon to download and save the certificate.